MARK SYSTEMS hopes to make the term 'enterprise' synonymous with homebuilding. While a builder that is constructing 10 units a year might not consider themselves to be an enterprise, MARK SYSTEMS believes the value of connecting all aspects of the business benefits any size builder, from 10 to 10,000 units.
The company has weathered the homebuilding storm with success, thanks in part to strong leadership and tech-first approach that allows it to deliver a set of applications that leverage the very latest in technology. The company delivers a robust set of solutions that encompass every aspect of the homebuilding process, from sales and design center, through accounting and production management. Its IHMS delivers such capabilities in a SaaS (software-as-a-service) model that allows builders to take this concept of enterprise anywhere.
Part of the appeal of MARK SYSTEMS is its longevity in the homebuilding market. Bringing more than 30 years of experience to the table, the company has clearly demonstrated its ability to change with the times in order to deliver the very best to its customers. This is evident in the way it delivers enhancements and updates to its product set that seemingly cater to every need and demand imaginable in homebuilding.
Catering to a wide range of builder types and sizes is no easy task, given the complexities and nuances that are innate to each one of these companies. However, the team at MARK SYSTEMS has demonstrated an ability to adapt in the face of some pretty stiff competition, while staying innovative and responsive to its customer base.
Amid much consolidation in the technology market, it's easy to notice the companies that have stayed strong and consistent based solely on their own efforts. Unfortunately, like many good builders, many tech providers have been casualties of a slower market in homebuilding. At the end of the day, those left standing must be doing something right. MARK SYSTEMS is doing a lot of things right and should stay on that path for many years to come.
- A fully integrated set of solutions that can be tailored to fit nearly any size builder
- Unique features like multibuilder accounting demonstrate its ability to provide very targeted solutions that meet multiple needs
- Newly launched portals for subs and owners show the value of data sharing with multiple parties
- Ongoing education through its Web classes
- Continually embracing the latest technologies in order to provide the customer with the necessary set of tools
- Incorporating new tools like social media in order to help builders in their sales and growth efforts
- Market outreach to educate the masses on the value of having a strong technology architecture